Aluminum over Steel
HiSpec Wheel is committed to providing customers with the best possible product. That is why forged aluminum is the material of choice and considered the ultimate in one- piece wheels.
The process of forging a wheel consists of placing a solid aluminum billet between dies in a large press under an extreme amount of pressure. The aluminum is forced to flow into the shape dictated by the dies creating a finished product that is both strong and lightweight.
Forged aluminum has a number of advantages:
- Lighter wheels can improve handling by reducing un-sprung mass and allowing the suspension to follow the terrain more closely, improving grip.
- Reduction in overall vehicle mass helps reduce fuel consumption.
- Reduction in empty vehicle weight allows increased payload.
- Better heat conduction dissipates heat from brakes more quickly, thereby improving braking performance in more demanding driving conditions reducing the chance of brake failure due to overheating.
- Precision machining guarantees each wheel is perfectly round thus eliminating run out and associated tire wear.
- Forged aluminum wheels never require painting.
- Forged aluminum looks great.